Thursday, May 10, 2007

MEET MARCI: TA FACES IN THE CROWD


Marci Medrano's TA Story





Name: Marci Medrano


Gender: female

State: Texas

Stage in TA: --Old Pro


I was 20 years old -- had a three month old daughter. During my pregnancy I was always tired and sick--I just thought it was cause I was pregnant. It was August of 1992 and always loved the sun. I had been at the Beach and when returning home --I was having trouble breathing--The Doc thought I was having a heat stroke. I was feeling sick so I stoppped at Grandma's house and she was not there so I went in called my mom to tell her where I was at cause she had my baby--I was so sick and throwing up and the only thing that hurt was my arm. Well, I fell asleep to later wake up ---LONG STORY short--I drove myself to the hospital--and was in ICU after that--I had a heart attack and did not realize it.--My left main was 90% closed and had to have emergency bypass . They sent a biopsy to Austin of my aorta cause it was so inflamed. That is how I found out about TA. They could not believe that I had just had a baby--they said with all the damage I had to have been sick for awhile.



Right now--I just had surgery to put a stent on one of the grafts that have closed. I have had two heart bypass surgeries --my left subclavian and carotid are 100% and have had surgery to fix those twice and no success my right side is about 50%. My renal artery is diseased as well.




I take predisone--solu-medrol,plavix.norvasc,crestor---I have taken methotrexate--cytoxan-remicade and none of those helped.


At times I just do not know how to deal with the TA.
The Doctors say I have an angel walking with me cause I almost died several times. I almost died twice last Wednesday during surgery and after when I was in ICU__I zero out. I just keep going--I have said ,I keep going for my daughters cause I want them to live a normal life and it hurts me for them to have to see me sick--I do everything I can --I go on trips --do everything imaginable to live that "normal life".


I am so happy that I have found someone to talk too.


I live in Victoria and have to travel to Houston to see the Docs there--I have never met anyone with the same sickness anywhere near me.



Thank you Marci for sharing your TA story.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

BEST will soon become the only lead battery certification program ever introduced into these developing countries, which are in desperate need of regulation. [url=http://www.mulberryhandbagssale.co.uk]Mulberry ooutlet sale[/url] As for your citation, keep in mind that this is an old citation. [url=http://www.goosecoatsale.ca]canada goose online[/url] Wcegrzrun
[url=http://www.pandorajewelryvip.co.uk]cheap pandora[/url] Eafechmvc [url=http://www.officialcanadagooseparkae.com]canada goose jackets[/url] pcsdlifpb

Anonymous said...

I haven't figured it out yet, but I'm working towards it. ghd sale Discussing these and other aspects of Vermeer's art, Arasse locates the painter's genius in the reflexive, meditative nature of his works, each of which seems to be a painting about painting.. uggs outlet I was worried when I turned 50 a few years ago. ghd online GetJar recently released the results of an independent study which indicates that the market for mobile apps could grow to a whopping $17.5 billion within the next three years. north face outlet Unites abilities Contemplate tandum caster added wheels.